What motivates you?
Is it joy and happiness, the love of another? Or is it frustration, anger or the need for justice?
There are many paths to motivation, but to create action from that motivation, to actually do something about it, there is two components that are needed in order to ignite that impulse.
Clarity + Emotion = Motivation
Clarity gives you the why and puts you on the right path. Emotion gives you the fuel to move you along that path.
But beware. This equation, when altered can create very different kinds of motivation. Here are a couple of scenarios of how they could play out.
Clarity + positive emotions = hope, excitement, possibilities and dreams.
Clarity + negative emotions = jealousy, hate, guilt, shame.
Emotions without clarity = hopelessness, despair, confusion.
Below is a older post that I hope motivates a little personal power in you. Because in the end, it may be an external element that creates the clarity for you but it’s your internal self that creates the emotions needed to see it through.
Are You The Damsel In Distress Or The Warrior Queen?
The damsel in distress:
- Waits in her ivory tower for her prince to come and rescue her.
- Lets him make all the plans for the escape.
- Gives all her power away by demurring quietly in the corner while the prince does all the hard work rescuing her.
- Let’s him conquer her fears by slaying the dragon.
- Then when she is free of the tower, she let’s him take her away to his castle so she can live her life as he wants it to be.
The Warrior Queen:
- Would have never have been locked in the tower in the first place.
- Would have slayed that dragon for herself.
- When she was done that, she would have taken great pride in sharping her sword again so it was ready for the next battle.
- She would be too busy planning her next adventure to let fear get in the way.
- And when the battled was finished, she would head back to her own castle, that is decorated just as she wants it where she would put her feet up content, in a job well done.
Which are you?
Yeah, we all want to be the Warrior Queen. She is fierce. She knows what she wants and doesn’t take crap from anyone, not even a dragon.
I’ll bet you have that same fierce spark deep inside you, waiting to flame forth. I’ll bet somewhere in your arsenal of personal weapons there is a warrior’s sword ready to be taken up, to be sharpened and oiled and practised with. I’ll even bet that you have a list of adventures, maybe even sacred quests, patiently waiting in your heart of hearts.
You have the will. You have the tools. You have spark.
Now ask yourself again. Which one are you, the damsel in distress or the Warrior Queen?
Friends who are Warrior Queens don’t let friends act the damsel in distress. Share this post and help a friend.