This is the first time I have Reblogged another person blog but there is rich insight here. Enjoy.
I have a lot to say. I’ve had lots of years to think: I have lots and lots to say! However, today l’m learning to listen. My reasons:
- Telling you what I know can set you back on your journey (rather than helping you get ahead as was my intention).
- My experience helped or hindered me due to my F’s: filters, failings, and family. I’ll share some but only if you ask. (Your F’s aren’t mine)
- When you tell me your problems, you need understanding more than my solutions. The processing alone often clears the messy mind, enabling solution-oriented ideas to sprout from within.
- I don’t need to “one up” with my story. Our communication shouldn’t be competitive.
- “What do you think?” doesn’t necessarily mean “Help me.” It might mean, “Am I making sense?”
- I want to ask questions to draw out your thoughts.Those are more productive than my lectures.
View original post 119 more words